28 Nov 2014: Reframing Disaster: Commemoration and Creativity
Reframing Disaster: Commemoration and Creativity evening event at The Tetley from 5.30pm on 28 November 2014. A special event in partnership with the University of Leeds and the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), including talks, interviews, readings, dance, and photography.
Free and open to the public (timings provisional):
- 5.30pm: Welcome and Exhibition Introduction, Anthony Carrigan
- 6.00pm: Jay Prosser interviews Susan Meiselas, Magnum photographer documenting conflict in Nicaragua
- 7.30pm: Francesca Moore will show slides and discuss her photographic project Bhopal: Facing 30
- 8.15pm: Minoli Salgado Q&A and reading from her new novel A Little Dust on the Eyes (Leeds: Peepal Tree Press, 2014)
- 9.00pm: Dance performance from Bradford-based South Asian arts organisation, Kala Sangam